- How Lisa and I spent more than we made in 2016
- Why I felt that we were throwing money away left in right this summer
- Why Savings is our future goal
- What are goals are for 2017
- Quote of the lesson from John Maxwell
As a financial coach and mentor, one of the main things I teach and show clients is the importance of living on less then you make. Yes it is a simple concept in theory, but in practice very few of us actually do it.
But there it was on our net worth statement for the end of November.
A decrease of over $10,000 in cash from January 1 through the end of November!
Today we discuss how that happened, why it happened, and most importantly why Lisa and I are actually ok with us spending more than we made in 2016.
We also breakdown why we are making savings a bigger goal in 2017.
But the encouragement today is that if you are a saver, you have the money saved, and the time comes to spend the savings on whatever . . . . don’t hesitate in spending the money, DO IT! It’s why you ultimately saved in the first place.
If you want to learn how to determine and ultimately reach your goals in 2017 please signup to receive the Goal Setting Spreadsheet that I will be sending out later this month.
Other Resources mentioned in this lesson:
- Confessions of a Financial Coach
- The five ways tracking my net worth helps my finances
- What is holding you back from accomplishing your dreams and goals?
- A unique way at looking at saving and spending
- Why we don't have a car payment
Today's quote of the lesson is brought to you by Audible.com
“A budget is telling your money where to go instead of wondering where it went" ~ John Maxwell
Enjoyed this lesson? If so, please consider taking a few minutes to leave a review of the show either in Stitcher SmartRadio, or iTunes. For a step by step video of how that works, please watch this video on how to leave a review in iTunes.
You can subscribe to future podcasts through Stitcher SmartRadio or iTunes, Google Play or by downloading the iPhone app. Or you may listen to the podcast on the JW's Financial Coaching Facebook Fan page.