- Guest Brad Baldridge joins us to talk about taming the high cost of college
- We won't give unless we are first content with what we currently have
- How to become a giver year round
- Why giving works best when the money is set aside to do it
- Quote of the lesson from Satchel Paige
Today we are joined by guest Brad Baldridge of TamingTheHighCostOfCollege.com to talk about how to plan for college.
Brad Baldridge, CFP®, is a College Funding Consultant specializing in late stage college funding planning and the chief podcaster of Taming The High Cost Of College. He provides customized planning using the latest financial aid, tax, cash flow and academic strategies.
Brad is based out of Milwaukee, Wisconsin and about 10 years ago started to help people in late state college planning.
Brad and I discussed about what you need to do as a parent and as a student to get ready to pay for school. Both from an early planning point as well as a late staging perspective.
Brad also shares what are some of the common mistakes people make when planning for college and why it's important to start early when preparing to save for college.
We also discuss topics such as how your college choice is an important step of the college selecting process, should your child work in college, and whether or not you should you should help your child pay for college in the first place.
For more information on Brad please check out the following
- Podcast-Taming the High Cost of College
- Video-Scholarship Guide for Busy Parents
- Calculator-Expected Family Contribution Calculator
For more information on college planning please check out the following podcast I've done in the past on the subject.
- Should parents have a say in their child's college major?
- My experience in paying for college
- Answering your questions on college funding
Today's quote of the lesson is brought to you by Podbean. To
“Don't go to college, unless to get information” – Satchel Paige
Enjoyed this lesson? If so, please consider taking a few minutes to leave a review of the show either in Stitcher SmartRadio, or iTunes. For a step by step video of how that works, please watch this video on how to leave a review in iTunes.